Wednesday, December 17, 2008

EikA the tEstEr

although sedeyh masih ade and staf2 di kepala start to lari sana sini meng'handle' certain things, i think i am ok. this morning terasa very rindu at kuih muih di kelantan. i did go back there a few days before Aidiladha because my uncle passed away. My aidiladha, like each year were here in Cheras la. So, because it was only me and my two younger sister, my parent seems to give extra attention and brought us jalan-jalan ronda KB. "dop malu mengaku org Kelate tp dop tau mano tepak2 di KB.." said my daD. durr...mane pnah mbesar kt cni (monologue)

One thing i always wonder is the belief that Kelantanese=makanan manis2 . where got maaa? my PakSu like salty food and our family not too fond of manis sgt. but to my suprise, after being persuated by my tummy to go to the food section @ Pasar Siti kHadijah..... bapok manis kuih kat kelate nih!! it's super delicious and super sweet!and not to forget, kuehnye pelik2!


Atas, dari kanan: kueh Kaswi, kueh Taik itiK, kueh Bunga tanjuNg(egg yolk), kueh Bunga Tanjung (egg white) and Jala Emas.

the sweetest of all was the Jala Emas! it does looks like kueh jala but more thick and wet. my goSh! i could feel the rush of insuline as soon as it reach my tongue. my favorate was kueh taik itik (u can see it is like it...yekkk, please change the name la!). medium sweetness but yet still. the bunga tanjung mmg yummy tp kalu makan banyak rase too much la. they come in two colour which indicates the ingredient. lighter for the use of egg white while yellowish for the use of egg yolk. (thx mum=tourist guide)
(on right) this was a jaw dropping to me. jering rebus dengan kelapa! on my amusement they have fans there ok.
(on left) buah mangga(woh pauh or woh pele mane satu tah) is normal. but with sugar,salt and asam..err..yummy?
(right) these went into my tummy. except for that jala emas. just a pinch je. Manis bangat dowh!
(left) seems like the ordinary kuih bijan yang ade kacang merah kat dalam tue but believe me, this one was way better. crunchy soft shell, sweet fresh redbeans. marvellous!

and this right one here is tepong gomak. i'm sure you know this. my parent's favourites. and left would be the ubi keling. (it was musim ubi, there were lots of different ubi which names i cant remember).


well, i am jakun with all these foods. i did like being there tasting all those foods mcm nyet masuk pasar. ngEhehehe.

Kelate~ my Kampung~myHomeSweetHome!~

3 comments:

onnychubby said...

ouh...klate ruponyo,kawe dop penoh g kelate...hehe

anda telah di tag....sila ke blog saye...(^_^)

happyichigo♥ said...

omg ikhaaaaaaaaa.....
nak jugaaak sedap2 nye..kite tak penah rasa..nnt balik kelate nak make!!
hubby kite org besut so slalu gak ke kb..nak try..muah kat ika..

mYeQa said...

onny: sila la melawat kelate terchenta.

iza: sila la ajak hubby pegi. if i had extra time, i taste all. tp nasib baek my mum tarikk.. ngEHehehe.